[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] you clod

Ed esonnenburg at porchlight.ca
Tue Sep 23 18:25:50 PDT 2003

Klotz in German is a piece of wood.   I'm assuming when trees were cut they
were cut in sizes which could
be carried.  The shape would be a square.    When someone is acting like a
dunce he often
is called a "Klotzkopf" which means square head.    In North America when
someone is always
dropping things he is called a klutz which I believe comes from the German
word Klotz.
Since Germans seems to think in terms of black and white with little gray
area they are
called square heads.

Do you know why a German takes 4 aspirin for a headache?    One for each
corner?   haha

More information about the Ger-Poland-Volhynia mailing list