[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] GER-POLAND-VOLHYNIA - Search for Roman Asmus

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 23 22:23:45 PDT 2003

Janice

I searched  Roman Asmus  "Nationwide" in Canada at
http://www.mytelus.com/phonebook/index.vm

and came up with  R. Asmus  hits.  One in B.C., one in Ontario and 2 in
Manitoba.

It's possible one of these could be him.

Rose Ingram
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>From Janice Schultz

: I realize this may not apply specifically to this list, but I know that
many
: of you have researched in Canada.
:
: I am trying to help a distant cousin from Latvia find some information on
her
: brother,
: ROMAN ASMUS, b. 04.08.1924 in Vez Ogre/Latvia.  He was reported missing
on
: 12.07.1944 while serving in the Germany Army near Barssuki (Russia).   He
was
: "Unterscharf|hrer des 7.  Waffen Grenadier Regiment 34, 15 SS Division."
:
: A cousin living in Germany has contacted a few of the organizations in
: Germany who have been working to find and identify German soldiers from
WWII.
: Although his sister believed that he died in Russia, she and her family
were
: quite
: shocked to recently have received an anonymous phone call stating that
they
: had seen the photograph and letter written by the cousin in Germany and
that
: the
: man in the photo was alive, living in Canada and married to a German
girl.
:
: His family would very much like to find out any information available
about
: his division and regiment, what they were doing at the time and if it
would
: have been possible for the young  German soldier to have entered Canada
and
: become a citizen of the country.  If he is indeed alive and living in
Canada,
: his
: sister would very much like to contact him.
:
: Any help or suggestions would be most grateful.
:
: Janice Schultz
: