[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Grudzienski Alternate name

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Wed Sep 24 05:28:53 PDT 2003

    A translation of the German language email is provided immediately below for those who have difficulty with German.
  John Marsch
Grudzienski, Kluth and then the place names Ksawerow or Xawerow caught my attention.
I have been reading this list for some time, and that is why this E-mail serves at the same time as my introduction.
Primarily, I am searching for Kludt, Kluth, Klut and all related names (also related with Kludt by marriage) In Germany (Rhine region, Brandenburg, Westprussia, the Netze river area, and the administrative district of Posen.) in Poland and southern Russia.  Once I came across the name Grudzienski, or Grudzinski or Grudzinsky.
Among my ancestors I have one case, the brother of my great-great-great-grandfather, where all the names and place names apply. Unfortunately, I have only a few facts about this man, but my great-great-grandfather mentioned him in his diary, and he visited this uncle of his in Poland in the years 1834/35.
The available dates and facts are:
Christoph Kludt (Grudzienski). I do not have the years of his birth or death.  According to my great-great grandfather, Friedrich August Kludt *1811-1897), he lived in "Holand Murski" during 1835/35.  He was a tailor and teacher. At the given time (1834/35) he must have been in his middle or late forties, for he was the youngest of six siblings who were still alive at that time.
Unfortunately, I have only the date of birth of my great-great-great-grandfather, Johann Kludt (1783-1862). He was the fourth child of his parents. His older siblings were called Martin, Michael and Katharine, his younger siblings were Maria, and the relevant Christoph.
I have some doubts about the spelling of "Holand Murski", since I cannot locate the place.  Nearby must have been another place, called Holand Ladna, for this settlement had been visited from Holand Murski because there were relatives there named Dreher. I have not been able to locate "Holand Ladna" either up to now. But in the genealogocal records "Compgend-L" and "AGoFF-L" I found that listed in the above-mentioned locality KSAWEROW (Xawerow) and vicinity the names Grudzienski, Kludt, Kluth, Klut, Will, Wild and Wilde can be found. These are all names which apply to my ancestors in Poland.
I received this information but recently. Bacause I am presently looking for the names Kludt etc, in different church records (five of them right now) from the county Czarnikau, administrative district Posen,  I have not perused the relevant church records of Ksawerowa (Xawerowa).  But I am going to tackle those within the next few months.
I can relate in a future E-mail, if such is desired, how Christoph Kludt (Grudzienski) acquired his wrong name, and why he became Roman Catholic.

With cordial greetings,
Jvrg Brauer, Berlin, Germany