[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] SCHULTZ - RADEL - MANTEI

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 08:51:37 PST 2004

Hi Bea,
This is good place for me to put this information out so others can see more of what you have to work with and can hopefully guide you. (To the rest of you, I have worked closely with Bea over the last year comparing notes and I have also shared with her everything I learned from EWZ).

Since I just finished going over Wanda Bachus in EWZ, I find it noteworthy that another Radel (or Redel) showed up there - Henriette born Jan. 5, 1832 in Lipin-Hauland (described as Germany). I feel you have a very strong lead here as that is the same time frame your Amalie Redel should be born, ie. these could very likely be sisters and naturally both end up in Wanda Bachus when it first gets founded in 1845-50. I looked up where Lipin-Hauland was (within Kreis Kolmar) a bit north of Poznan. This area was Prussian (German) at the time so I would start looking at parish records from that region. I believe the FHL has fairly extensive films of that region. I would first go for Henriette's birth record in 1832, see who her parents were (and maybe witnesses too) and then look at more records from that time period. Since Henriette's children that I found were over 10 years older than Anna Dorothea's August, most likely Anna Dorothea was born earlier like in the 1820s or even teens. I
 would not at all be surprised if you find Anna Dorothea there. I think it is highly likely that you could find Friedrich Schultz's birth also.

I'm sure Bea will appreciate help from the rest of you also since I believe she doesn't have much experience finding the correct films or how to read parish records.

ResearchWBCP at aol.com wrote:
New member searching for information on:

Friedrich Schultz - Born in Germany - no other information available
Married:
Anna Dorothea Radell - Radel - Born in Germany - no other information
available

They immigrated to Russian, Poland approximately 1850 settling in Wanda
Buckus, Chelm, Poland.

We know of one son:

August Schultz - Born 13 - 08 - 1855 - Wanda Buckus, Chelm, Poland
Married:
Amalia Mantei - Born: 09 - 08 - 1856 - possibly Wanda Buckus
Daughter of Friedrich Mantei

Children of August & Amalia: Born in Wanda Buckus, Chelm, Poland.
Rudolf b. 1880
Friedrich b.
Gustaf b. 1894
Heinrich b. 1896