Fw: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Roll call - Honig & Boehlke

Richard A. Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Fri Apr 2 16:29:17 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard A. Stein
To: Michelle Bakke-Purnell
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Roll call - Honig & Boehlke

Michelle,

The Central Archive of Historical Documents (AGAD - see address and website
below) in Warsaw has some of the original Rozyszcze Lutheran church books,
including 1884 which is missing from the St. Petersburg Archive data and most
of the years 1886 to 1890,
with some in the 1890s, as well as the earlier years.  They will do a search
for records of your family.  Give them as much information as you can.  They
of course charge a fee, but it is not unreasonable.  They may want a $30 US
research fee up front, and then will charge $10 per record that they find -
these may have changed since I last looked.  I have obtained a number of
marriage records from AGAD even for years covered by St. Petersburg because
they contain the full information - parents' names, age, birth place, etc.

Archiwum Glswne Akt Dawnych
Ul. Dluga 7
00 - 263 Warszawa
www.archiwa.gov.pl/agad