[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] "German Immigrant Home"

Peter Fischer westphalia-ranch at msn.com
Fri Apr 2 20:16:13 PST 2004

Did anyone ever hear of a "German Immigrant Home" located on 1391 State Street
in Evansville (or Evansford) Illinois?

I found the name of the "home" on the Ellis Island Site.  One of my ancestors
listed it as his destination on the ship's manifest.

I wonder if the records for that home may have survived somewhere.  If that
home, and others, maintained records they sure could be a treasure.

I just learned that these "homes" acted as sponsors to German immigrants for a
time.

Just an idea.

Regards,

Peter Fischer