[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Place of Residence: Tormin

Gerald & Kathy gfe at west-teq.net
Mon Apr 12 10:56:24 PDT 2004

This is my first posting.  In Canada, our last name is Ergang. I have found
the Hamburg Passenger List stating that my grandfather, Gottlieb "IRGANG" and
his family departed on the Phoenicia from there on June 23, 1901 bound for
Boulogne-sur-Mer ; and New York.  They list the Place of Residence as
"TORMIN".  I cannot find this anywhere.  I believed they were from Pabianice
and Lodz.  Does anyone have any information on "TORMIN" or what it mean??  I
am still trying to track down the Passenger List of the Phoenicia's arrival to
New York on July 6, 1901.  Neither of the 2 spellings of our name comes up on
the Ellis Island site.
Gerald Ergang