[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] German Occupation Descriptions>URL info<

Otto otto at schienke.com
Tue Apr 13 12:03:50 PDT 2004

Hi Peter,
I discovered the problem with the URl.
When I send it to the Listserv,(twice) the term "losganger" in the URL
was written with an umlaut "a" which is necessary for the search to
work.
The Listserv computer font is not umlaut capable.- *note> "losgdnger"
I cannot paste in the pdf page of info because it would render as a
graphic embed.

Remove the "d" and type in an umlaut "a"  -paste it into your web
browser and it will return the one site.

 >If you cannot do this, send me your personal E-address and I will send
you the pdf file.<

> http://www.google.com/search?q=instleute+losgdnger&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF
> -8<http:/
                the "d" in losganger should be an umlaut "a"

On Apr 13, 2004, at 2:29 PM, Peter Fischer wrote:

> Hi Otto,
>
> Thanks for your help, input, etc.
>
> I still can't get the link to work...any ideas?
>
> Also, I am curious to know what the difference is between a Losmann
> and a
> regular farmhand/laborer.  I know that old Europe was big into
> peasants,
> serfs, etc that technically belonged to the land that the nobles
> owned.  Since
> a Losmann is loose laborer I wonder if that was some sort of middle
> class that
> had skills and were not beholden to the Landowners.  In effect free
> agents.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Peter

Richard O. Schienke
...  Otto

                     " The Zen moment..." wk. of January 11, 2004-