[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] amended File "Marriages at Sompolno" (1840 through abt. 1854)

Reiner Kerp mail at reiner-kerp.de
Fri Apr 16 10:05:53 PDT 2004

Dear fellowsearches,

as meanwhile half of the work is done (presently about 4000 persons
extracted out of 700 records), I replaced my file
"akta_malzenstw_ewang_Sompolno"
by an updated raw-version on my web-site.
Two "zipped" versions, which are NOT linked to my homepage may be
downloaded by direktly selecting:

http://reiner-kerp.de/akta_malzenstw_ewang_Sompolno.ZIP

(a 759 KB zipped .paf-file, only to be opended by
"Personal Ancestral File",
a program provided by the "Mormones"), and

http://reiner-kerp.de/Heiraten_Sompolno.ZIP

(a 423 KB zipped .ged-file utilizing the UTF-8 character-set).
Using PAF you can open the file "akta_malzenstw_ewang_Sompolno.ZIP"
directly (select "restore" or open it by a "dubbleclick").
If you want to import the .ged-file contained in "Heiraten_Sompolno.ZIP"
into your own program, you may meet a problem if it does not work together
with the UTF-8 character-set. In this case you must unzip the file, open it
with your texteditor and replace "UTF-8" in the header by "ANSI" or "ANSEL"
(dependig on your pragram). After saving the file again, it is ready for
import (but you will loose the polish diacritical characters).

Most of the persons mentioned in these records were german farmers or
handcrafters moving into that area from the prussian countries Posen,
Westpreussen or Pommern. Some came ore may probably have come from
Weurttemberg, Baden or Switzerland.
As their german names often had been "translated" into Polish I "translated"
these polish names back into German whenever I thought to have good reasons.
Thus e. g. ZIEBART becomes SIEBERT and ZUESS becomes SUESS again
(perhaps helping you to find your jewish ancestors).
Nevertheless the original polish variant found in the record is noted (using
the polish diacritical characters).
Studying the file, you see that I "played" with PAF, aiming on how to
include
whitnesses. But although PAF really is very powerful it does not provide a
"linking-together" couples and whitnesses by a direct jump. Despite my
solution is a compromise only, it shows family-relations between couples and
whitnesses in many cases. Still needing a "fine-tuning" in a .html file to
provide that direct jump.

Finally this file shall be an appetizer to join the SGGEE.

best regards,

Reiner