[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] READING PARISH REORDS

Michael & Maureen McHenry maurmike at bellatlantic.net
Wed Apr 28 11:20:37 PDT 2004

Hi All

I just returned from the local FHC. I viewed some ILOW parish records
and went with both a German and Polish dictionary and 3 years of high
school German. This turned out not to be nearly enough. The records were
baffling. Can anyone give me a primer on how to read these? There seems
to be very little German on either the right hand or left hand pages.
Also each year had a series of paragraphs with signatures below as well
as what appeared  to be columns of baptismal records. I couldn't be sure
that was what it was since the column headings weren't in German. My
Polish dictionary didn't give a translation.

                                 Mike McHenry