[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Family Tree maker vs Legacy

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Sun Aug 15 12:51:13 PDT 2004

To all,

Since there seems to be new interest in genealogy software, I have posted
my presentation on the comparison of genealogy software that I gave at the
recent convention in Calgary.  The comparison is limited to Family Tree
Maker, Legacy and PAF, since that seems to be the big three used by our
members (at least the ones who use a PC instead of a Mac).  You will have
to decide for yourself, but of the three compared, Legacy is clearly
superior in my view.  Legacy is also a free program unless you opt for the
Deluxe version which has some nice bells and whistles.

You can download the Acrobat Reader file from our website at

http://www.sggee.org/news- see Item 5 on that page.

Since our website is compressed, you will not be able to see Item 5 until
after the site regenerates itself at 1:00 pm Pacific Daylight time (or
about 10 minutes after this message is posted).

Gary Warner