[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Family Tree Maker vs Legacy vs PAf

Peter Fischer westphalia-ranch at msn.com
Mon Aug 16 04:47:38 PDT 2004

Gary,
Well said.

My 2 cents:
I used Family Tree maker for several years.  I found that it was easy to use.
However, I really got tired of getting hit up for 19.95 every few months for
the software updates that, in my view, were mostly software fixes and not the
lauded new features that were "must have".  After a substantial investment, I
stopped, only to find out later that skipping an update made my version
ineligible for further updates.

Conversely, I have used Legacy Deluxe for almost a year, they have sent me
several updates for "free", their customer service is terrific, and the
program works great and is easy to use.

Peter Fischer