[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location Adelhof

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 17 17:13:54 PDT 2004

With well over 3000 places on the map, it is physically impossible for me
to keep track of where I got the names and equivalents of all the
places.  However, in this case I went to one of my primary sources and
found it quickly.  Oscar Kossmann states that Adelhof = Chrusciki in his
book, Die Deutschen in Polen seit der Reformation.

On the other hand, Breyer's map shows Adelhof = Babia.  However, he shows
it in the location where Chrusciki should be - the real Babia being further
east.  This is probably where the extractors got their equivalent from.

With those factors in mind, I chose the Kossmann equivalent as more
accurate and included it on my map.

To confirm any other info regarding the extraction, contact
databases at sggee.org

And, as we always recommend, once you have the extraction, go get a copy of
the original microfilm record to double check the accuracy.

At 03:08 PM 17/08/2004, John Rauchert wrote:
>In the members only database SGGEE001r5, a number of potential family
>members have their Birth Place listed as Adelhof (=Babia), Konin, Poznan,
>Poland.  As far as I can find out (through the web and using Jerry's Map
>I) Adelhof is actually Chrusciki.
>
>Can I get a confirmation that this is correct?
>
>John F Rauchert

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca