[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location Adelhof

AlbertMuth at aol.com AlbertMuth at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 03:07:03 PDT 2004

In a message dated 8/17/04 8:46:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca writes:

> I also checked with Walther Maas' book, Siedlungen Zwischen Warthe und
> Netze.  He agrees with Kossmann that Adelhof = Chrusciki.
>
> I do not now their source for their info.
>
> By the way, neither Kossmann nor Maas show Babia on their maps.

To show the identity of Adelhof and Babia, I used the Breyer map, which
shows said unit to be directly south of Friedrichsfeld.  It appears that
Breyer
may have been wrong.  Keep reading!

The Zagorow records in the time period that I have looked at only uses
Adelhof.  I must say, I don't recall seeing either Babia or Chrusciki mentioned in
the marriage records.

A simple google search found the following entry in the 19th century Polish
gazetteer, which explains why there are so many German names for villages in
the Zagorow region (used all through the 19th century--until 1891, apparently)
http://www.polishroots.org/slownik/emilienheim.htm

I will change Adelhof [=Babia] to Adelhof [=Chrusciki], and this will appear
in the next revision.

al muth