[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Justina PEPEL?

AlbertMuth at aol.com AlbertMuth at aol.com
Wed Aug 18 08:15:39 PDT 2004

Hello Reiner,

I do not have the actual record, but only the information that I extracted
from it.  When I transcribed Sompolno records, I read the record directly,
without referring to indices.

Record #189 shows that Justine z Pepel Ismer died 14 June 1856 at Rybno, aged
39. She was the wife of Karl Ismer, 43.  She was born in Kelm, Prussia.  Her
parents were Jan and Anna (z Fischer) Pepel.
I have a big question mark written to my writing of Ismer; the handwriting is
not the best.

There is a Sompolno remarriage 1856 #50 on 28 Sept 1856 of Karl Zimer 43,
widower of Justine Pepel, son of Jan and Marianna Elzbieta (Jente) Zimer.
Zimer??
The bride is Justine Schilke, 29, widow of Michael Hueller, daughter of Jan
and Anna Dorota (Kitzmann).

I have checked Sompolno births for several years before and after 1856 to see
whether I can determine whether Karl is Ismer, Zimer, or some other name.
I also looked at adjacent Babiak, and also found nothing

I would like to reexamine the marriage record to see what I read this time.
This time, I would also look more carefully at what it says about residences
of all the people.

al muth