[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Parent name omitted

karl roussin kroussin at fidnet.com
Wed Aug 18 15:21:29 PDT 2004

    In a church record of a wedding , Why would the names of the Bride or
Groom be omitted in the record ?

    When My G.Grandfather DANIEL WARNHOFF was married to ANNA E. HINZ on 24
Jan. 1844 at Mrocza Prussia , His parents names were not recorded in the
church record . Could He have been an orphan ?.

    When ANNA`s Mother ANNA E. WIESE  was married to MICHAEL HINZ on 06 Feb.
1817 , Her (Anna E. Wiese`s) mother was not recorded in the marriage record.

    Could it have been that They were not present ?.
    Could it have been that the parent was deceased ?.
    Why would one parent be recorded and not the other ?.

  I have wondered about this for a long time , because the of the parents
names being omitted from the marriage record of , the above noted DANIEL
WARNHOFF , has been a "brick wall " that I cannot get thru for more
information.
    Sincerely;
    Karl Roussin , St. Clair , MO.