[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location Adelhof

John Rauchert jfrauchert at shaw.ca
Wed Aug 18 21:52:27 PDT 2004

Thanks Jerry and Al,

The entry for Emilienheim pretty well jibes with my other research.
http://www.polishroots.org/slownik/emilienheim.htm

Here's what I had previously:

In 1797, the prince of Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen (probably Friedrich Ludwig) was
given by Prussian King Frederick Wilhelm II (or III) a tract of land in the
Congress Kingdom of Poland.

In 1802, the prince sold a half his land to a Karol Weigl and the remaining
part was divided into colonies/villages which he named after his children
(Adolfhof, Augustinon, Emilienheim, Friedricksfeld and Sophiental). In 1891,
the (Russian?) government of the ordered the names changed:

1) Friedrichsfeld to Tarszewo

2) Emilienheim to Michalinow

3) Adolfsberg to Zalesie

4) Sophiental to Olchowo

5) Adelhof to Chrusciki

6) Ludwigslust to Maly Las

7) Ingelfingen (the largest colony) to Anielewo

Friedrich Ludwig himself is a fairly interesting historical figure.

Friedrich Ludwig, prince zu Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen
(prince of) born Jan. 31, 1746, Ingelfingen, W|rttemberg
died Feb. 15, 1818, Castle Slawenitz, Silesia

Coming from a noble family in Wurrtemberg, he entered the Prussian Army in
1768. At the outbreak of the Revolutionary Wars he was sent against France
and won at Kaiserslautern, but marred that success by being forced out of
the Rhine lands by General Hoche.

The Prussian field marshal who commanded one of the two Prussian armies that
were decisively defeated by Napoleon at the twin battles of Jena and
Auerstddt in 1806, a disaster that turned his country into a French
dependency.

He managed to rescue remnants of his army and withdrew, but was finally
forced to surrender two weeks later. He spent two years as a prisoner of war
and when he returned to Prussia decided to retire.

John F. Rauchert

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 06:07:03 EDT
> From: AlbertMuth at aol.com
> Subject: Re: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location Adelhof
> To: FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca, ger-poland-volhynia at eclipse.sggee.org
>
> In a message dated 8/17/04 8:46:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca writes:
>

> > I also checked with Walther Maas' book, Siedlungen Zwischen Warthe und
> > Netze.  He agrees with Kossmann that Adelhof = Chrusciki.
> >
> > I do not now their source for their info.
> >
> > By the way, neither Kossmann nor Maas show Babia on their maps.
> >

> To show the identity of Adelhof and Babia, I used the Breyer map, which
> shows said unit to be directly south of Friedrichsfeld.  It appears that
> Breyer
> may have been wrong.  Keep reading!
>
> The Zagorow records in the time period that I have looked at only uses
> Adelhof.  I must say, I don't recall seeing either Babia or Chrusciki
mentioned in
> the marriage records.
>
> A simple google search found the following entry in the 19th century
Polish