[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Deaths

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Tue Aug 24 22:31:45 PDT 2004

Przedecz parish records have no index from 1851 to 1854.  About 7 years ago
I diligently created my own handwritten index.  I found the average number
of births was about 150 per year, marriages about 50, and deaths 100.  About
the same for Chodecz parish.

In 1852 the death toll was 247 in Przedecz.  I was so astounded by this
number that I made a note to myself to later check the cause of all these
deaths in August and September 1852.

I remember noticing in early 1854 several woman giving birth and father
noted as deceased.   Also in 1854 there were many marriages between widows
and widowers.

Chodecz Deaths rose about 50 more than average in 1852.

Rose Ingram
---------------

From: "Delores Stevens"

> I have some family members listed with birth dates and death dates as
> follows:
> January 18, 1844 - Feb 27, 1848
> May 15, 1846 - Mar 6, 1848
> Abt 1849 - Jul 25, 1851
> Jan 6, 1849 - Jul 25, 1851
> Mar 11, 1851 - Aug 6 1851
>
> All of these children were born in Przysypka, Wloclaewek, Bydgoszcz,
Poland,