[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Deaths

Jan Textor textor at oncable.dk
Wed Aug 25 00:34:32 PDT 2004

The cause of the many deaths in the Przedecz parish in 1851/52 was probably
a cholera epidemic.  I have checked Polish websites for cholera epidemics,
and several of them mention one during this time period, a.o. in Lask
southwest of Lodz in 1848, in Zychlin near Konin in 1852, and in Warsaw with
5000 deaths in 1852.

Jan Textor