[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fredinand Meier: Manitoba

Sara-Jayne Johnson sj_j at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 25 17:17:25 PDT 2004

Dear List,

Hi! I am Sara-Jayne Johnson from Surrey, BC, Canada and I have just
joined this list! Jerry Frank suggested I join after posting this message
on another German-Russian list.

I would appreciate some direction in finding out information about my
Great Grandfather Fredinand Meier who was probably born between 1900-1910
and lived in the Fredensthal area of Manitoba, Canada or maybe closer to
Emerson. I only found out my Gradmother's Eleanor Ruth Schultz
(German-Russian side of my family) fathers name a couple of years ago
when I went to Manitoba and met my family their. She never knew her
father, her mother was Mathilda Lydia Schultz, daughter of Ludwig Schultz
and Karoline (nee Jahnke).

I would really like to know more about the Meier family and furthur my
research and understanding of their life in canada and immmigration to
Canada.

I have looked through the "RM of Franklin" history book featuring early
pioneer families and also one from Emerson, but wasn't able to find any
information on Meier's.

There was apparently a newspaper article featured about Fredinand Meier
in 1925 and I have tried contacting newspapers in the area .. but no luck
either.

After researching him for 2 years, and not finding anything ... I would
really appreciate and help or direction anyone on this list can offer.

The Schulz/Schultz and Janke/Jahnke families were Luthern
German-Russian's from Volyhina so the Meier Family was likely as well..

Thank you for your time!

Sara-Jayne Johnson [IMAGE]http://www.geocities.com/sarajaynej