[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ulmer/Sonnenburg Book - Recommended Reading

gloriah4 at juno.com gloriah4 at juno.com
Mon Aug 30 19:26:19 PDT 2004

So glad I purchased this book! My husband, Al, and I highly recommend it!

Al commented that he now has a much better grasp of the nightmares his
parents and family went through prior to their immigration and what those
who remained (or later moved on to Germany) experienced. I was hesitant
at first about buying it since our Hoppe family is not connected to Ed's
family, but then decided to check it out in order to get a feel for the
time and place. As I said, so glad I did.

Ed might have some copies left, don't know. He gave me permission to pass
on his e-mail address.

Enjoy!
Gloria Hoppe gloriah4 at juno.com
Researching: HOPPE <Volhynia>, TOBER <Novograd Walinsk> SAWATZKA
<Heimthal Parish>

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 19:14:49 -0500 "E Sonnenburg"
<esonnenburg at porchlight.ca> writes:
> My grandmother's Ulmer family and grandfather's Sonnenburg family >
went through> the 1915 deportations.> My grandmother wrote a book about
her experiences from birth in > Karlswalde,
> her deportations and experiences until arriving in Canada.
Quite > an> interesting book. 200 pages with pictures.  Available in
German and