[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Help with Lomza Records.. found Opa!!! (Ithink)

Gary and Rhonda garynrho at rraz.net
Wed Dec 1 07:58:46 PST 2004

Hi Rose,
This has been a huge help, and I thank you.  I still have the film and will
supposed to be 3 other children. (I will start practising Albert, August and
Elizabeth in Cryillic)
If family legend holds true (remotely possible) the mother was widowed at
some time and remarried.  Don't know if the other children were born before
or after and there was also supposed to be a move to the ever elusive
"Gaboritz" according to my uncle.
Robert ended up in Zhitomer and there is a Radke/Litz marriage in St Pete's
records which may be the one, but I don't think I would be that lucky!!
My hunt will continue but your assistance has been invaluable and I am
grateful.
Thank you again,
Rhonda

From: "Rose Ingram Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 7:40 PM
The baptism date at the top says 15/17 October 1879.  I have no idea what
the occupation of Wilhelmina Litz is -- you need a real pro to read this.
She was 25 years of age.
The witnesses were Michael Bartnik and Teodor Ludwik.
Born on 13/25 Oct 1879 at Lomza.
Godparents are Michael Barz and Sophia Ludwik.   You will see Teodor Ludwik
signed his name - probably husband of Sophia.

Check for births in 1877 and 1881 to see if Wilhelmina Litz had other
children.  She may have been a maid in a 'large manor'.  Also check the
deaths to make sure that this Robert did not die an an infant.  She may have
married later too.

I guess I'm not too much help here.   I hope some smarter person who really
knows their russian will come forward.  I know where are some in the group,
but whether they are on the listserve is another story...

Rose