[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Traditional Songs, diphthongs, and umlauts...

Donna Baxmeyer torhaus at telus.net
Wed Dec 8 14:49:44 PST 2004

Thanks Jerry for the good advice; I learn something new everyday.  I'm glad
you clarified the web site's system for me; shall continue to use Guenther's
method instead on this list.  It works great on private email but not on
Words programs either.

I have a question that perhaps some kind soul could answer for me.  My
maternal ancestors who settled in the Volga region of Russia; Village of
Norka, are noted on Dr. Igor Pleve's Family Charts as being born in Isenberg
Germany.  After reading Karl Stumpp's book on immigrants to Russia, I found
the Sauer Family name of my Grandfather and my Grandmother Brill narrowed
down to the area of Hessen Germany circa 1744.  To my dismay, there are no
less than 14 different villages, towns and cities in this region.  I've hit
that perpetual brick wall again!  It hurts, and I'm asking if anyone knows
of a Registry  Bureau I could contact to narrow their exact birth places?
Old saying, one answer leads to two more questions is true!

Warmest regards, as warm as they can be from central Alberta Canada... -20
C.  Ouch.
Donna Baxmeyer
AHSGR-I Life Member
Hist. Soc. of Germans from Poland & Volhynia Member
Alberta Genealogical Society Member
torhaus at telus.net