[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Village location

Hakimk2 at aol.com Hakimk2 at aol.com
Fri Dec 17 12:29:07 PST 2004

Hello List Members,

My great grandmother, Anna Elisabeth (Quast or Kwast), died in Kiev Parish,
Russia in 1876. She was born in about 1804. The name of her birth village is
difficult for me to read, but it appears to be either Klendan or Klendau. If
any  one has access to FHL film #1884069/2, the name can be found on p. 485,
Reg.  #82. The family's migration pattern suggests that the village should be in
 Poland, but Germany is a possibility.

I tried Shtelt Seeker but there were no results using the exact spelling.
Using Soundex resulted in a few possibilities in Poland, and a long list for
Germany, so it was of no real help to me.

Perhaps someone is familiar with this village and may be able to enlighten
me. Any help would be appreciated.

Harold Kwast