[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Where to list post?

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 22 07:25:05 PST 2004

At 12:17 AM 22/12/2004, MyGenWeb at aol.com wrote:
>Where would be the best place to list a post re: West Prussia - Grabow /
>Grabowo Poland?

Well, Rachel, this is as good a place to start as any.  We focus on Russian
Poland and Volhynia but some of us have resources for other areas of Poland
as well.

>I'm trying to find where the town is.  There are several listings for  this
>are.
>
>My husband's grgrgrgrandfather came from Grabow/Grabowo Poland.  The  ship
>debarkation document states Grabow, W. Preussian.

You have a really big problem here that posting to another mailing list,
even with more experience, won't solve.  You simply have to find more
information.  I see at least 3 Grabowo in West Prussia (might be one or two
more as I didn't do a detailed check).  I don't see any Grabow or Grabowa
in West Prussia though again it is possible I missed one.

I think you basically have 2 choices.  You can try to find other records
that might provide more detail.  OR  You can start the search in at least
these 3 places to see if you can find your surname connected to them.  If
you found your surname there, you could do more detailed research to see if
it was the right family.  If you want to do the latter, we can point you to
the specific locations for further investigation.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca