[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Where to list post?

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 22 09:22:07 PST 2004

Paul's notes reminded me about another Passenger List clue that some people
miss.

Some Passenger Lists, in addition to a place of last residence, include on
the second page, a place of birth, usually the very last column.  Some
people miss this.  If it is the same place, there is little help.  However,
sometimes it is another village near the one of residence and the two
together help to establish the exact location.  And sometimes the birth
column adds a district name that narrows the location.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca