[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Administrative message

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
Mon Feb 2 10:13:41 PST 2004

 From time to time we experience floods of email viruses and this past week
is one of those.   You have probably heard about them in your newspapers.

I do not like to use this list for the purpose of discussing viruses but
there appears to be a genealogy connection to this one.  Please DO NOT
respond to this message on the list.  If you have any further comments,
please direct them to me personally.

It appears that viruses are being distributed with my address spoofed in
the return line.  Since these are bouncing back to me at both my
GPVListAdmin and my personal FranklySpeaking addresses, the originating
source must have both of these addresses in their address book.  This
points to someone with a genealogy connection (more specifically, probably
someone associated or connected to SGGEE in some way) as the source of the
virus.

Please know that all my incoming mail is scanned by updated virus detection
software and any legitimate email message sent from me is also scanned
outgoing.  If you receive a virus message with my apparent return address,
rest assured it did not originate with me.

We remind you that our mailing list distribution system has various steps
of protection built into it to prevent the spread of both viruses and spam
directly through it.

As always, practice safe computing and enjoy your hobby in spite of these
inconveniences.

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html