AW: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Old Record Books in Polish archives

Jutta Dennerlein Jutta.Dennerlein at t-online.de
Wed Feb 4 01:53:56 PST 2004

This is an interesting website!

Given the date of the shown document (1888) it IS in a bad condition. I can
confirm that the much older Lutheran church books at the Plock Archive are
in a much better condition.

I also think that some of the information given on this website might be out
of date. My researches at the Plock Archive last summer had been
uncomplicated and rewarding. No license necessary and a lot of friendly and
competent people there to help you (some of them even speaking English).

See also the very nice and informative official website of the State Archive
in Plock:
http://www.archiwum.plock.com/EN/index.htm

They give very detailed information about the history of the archive and
also have some photos of the way records are stored. They look much better
in color.

Greetings
Jutta Dennerlein
Seefeld, Germany