[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Parish holdings in Lipno

Ednadill at aol.com Ednadill at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 13:27:13 PST 2004

Hello all,

    I have doing most of my research in the Lipno parish.  As some of you
know records there are kept from 1808 to 1900.  Would anyone venture an opinion
as to where records in this area would have been kept prior to 1808?
    I have hired a professional in Poland to search the Lipno parish records.
 He has stated that he has exhausted all records containing the Dyll surname
and that some records have been destroyed.  Any opinion on when they could
have been destroyed?  My thought was that the LDS may have the missing records
filmed.
    Please indulge my thinking here: The oldest date I have thus far would be
for the marriage of Michal Dyll and Zuzanna Kratzkie - Feb. 1858.  This
document refers to Michal -age 33, as being born in Komorowo and his  parents as
Michal Dyll (d. 15 Sep 1855-age 62)and Elzbieta Szwarcrok.  Now using a little
math, the elder Michal must have been born abt. 1793.  Not having a birth
record to go from I don't have a birthplace, so I don't know what area/parish I
would be dealing with.
    Any correspondence would be helpful.  Thank you.
Regards,
Erik Dill