[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: German form of Meychlow

Richard A. Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Fri Feb 20 09:01:33 PST 2004

Thanks to everyone who responded to this question.  The consensus is that the
name is MEICHEL.  It is quite a rare name but there are 34 listings in the
German telephone directory.  Another possibility is MEISCHEL.

A couple of people suggested the name is a derived from MICHAEL and could be
written MEYCHL or MICHL.

Consequently, I will use MEICHEL as a tentative translation of the name
MEYCHLOW.

Dick Stein