[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Arndt/Krueger

Richard A. Stein ra_stein at telus.net
Sun Jan 4 09:04:16 PST 2004

Hi Margrit,

Unfortunately, both Arndt and Krueger are very common names.  However a
check of St. Petersburg archives shows one Gottfried Arndt born 10 March
1872 at Slabutkaj, Volhynia, parents August Arndt/Henriette Pahl.  The same
couple had at least five other children all born at Wolwachowka.  Perhaps
someone familiar with village locations can tell you if Slabutkaj and
Wolwachowka are near Horodytsche.

There were at least 16 Pauline Kruegers born in Volhynia between 1870 and
1875, so the problem there is formidable.  Again the location of village of
birth may help you narrow down your search.

Dick Stein