[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Yashinetz Vladimirm Wolynsk

Jerry Frank franklyspeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 21 20:21:30 PST 2004

I cannot tell you anything about the village but I can tell you where it
most probably was.

Your Yashintz, except for one missing syllable, is almost certainly
Jashinetz / Jasieniec.  Unfortunately I have never found it on a
topographical map but I can show you where it was according to historical maps.

Go to http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/EART/x-ussr/ukraine.html and click on
Luck.  Then click on #38 and enlarge the map if necessary.

Go to vertical line #42 and down to horizontal line #36.  Just below that
is a road (trail) that runs roughly east-west.  Jasieniec would have been
about on that road, just east of the vertical line.  The larger town a
short distance to the southeast is Kisielin.

St. Pete records show at least one Heimann family living at Janow which
would have been immediately west of Jasieniec on that same road, perhaps
less than a km away.  In fact it may be that Janow = Jasieniec but I have
no evidence to show that.

If you can determine some older siblings of Maria born 1885 or earlier, you
might be able to confirm a connection to this family.

At 04:33 PM 21/01/2004 -0800, J&A Smith wrote:
>Has anyone any information on this village (Yashintz)
>Looking for information on Maria Heimann born
>10 Dec 1892.in Yashinetz. Married a Gustav Schienke ( Born 19 Dec 1877
>place unknown)and came to Canada about 1914 with two daughters Martha and
>Elena She died in 1922.

*Please Note NEW Email Address*
Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca