[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Polin, Powiat Nowograd Wolinsk, Wolynia

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 23 20:04:21 PST 2004

Wjasowitz is about six kilometres north of Pulin. Blumental is a bit farther
away -- maybe 15 kilometres, depending on the roads used, but certainly
within walking distance. All three places still exist, although only
Wjasowitz has the same name it had before. And bear in mind that before the
forced collectivization of the farms in the early 1930s, the villages were
much more spread out, which means a home on the southern edge of Wjasowitz
would have been within shouting distance of one in the northern edge of
Pulin.

Yes, people in that area frequently moved from one village to another.

Of course, these things don't guarantee that these references are to the
same person!

Dave Obee
Victoria