[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Town-based searches on the OdessaDigitalLibrary

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Wed Jan 28 12:05:00 PST 2004

Scott,

You can view all the St. Petersburg Volhynia data that you can see on the
Odessa (or pixel) site on the SGGEE website, even if you are not a member
of SGGEE.  Look at the links to St. Petersburg birth, marriage and death
records on http://sggee.org/Databases.  The only features that you cannot
access as a non-member of SGGEE are the advanced search for partial place
names, or partial surnames.  In the member section is also a separate St.
Petersburg database that is organized by the route that the pastor took in
collecting the records.  That database is particularly useful in
discovering the correct spelling of the name of a village (each entry lists
the place again, so all spellings of the same place are located one after
the other), and also what villages are near each other by virtue of the
fact that the pastor visited a certain village immediately before or after
another named village.

Gary Warner
SGGEE