[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Volhynia Deportation

GVLESS at aol.com GVLESS at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 21:09:54 PDT 2004

Nelson, and to others interested in this information - I appreciate your
response to clarify dates for the deportation of Volhynians, that the 1915 year
was when the liguidation of land ownership was official.  It is then appropriate
to have the year or two before as possible times when our people were
actually "forced" off their land and sent elsewhere.  Our stories need to be clear on
this so future generations will better understand what had happened in that
part of what was then Russia in the lands close to the border that would be
affected by an eventual German invasion.  So thanks for sharing this information
with the readers on the listserv.

It is always a risk to take a "family story" as the truth, but there are
kernels there that do need to be retained.  Each family's esperiences are worth
remembering.
This is why we who belong to such a group that seeks the history of a people
is so important.  It helps us all to put the pieces of a puzzle in their
appropriate space.

Keep the "stories" coming.  They are helpful in many ways.  And add substance
to what most of us know only in bits and pieces.  Together the puzzle becomes
more complete.

Sincerely,
Virginia Less