[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Volhynia 19-teens and voluntary movement

Michael & Maureen McHenry maurmike at bellatlantic.net
Thu Jul 8 06:41:12 PDT 2004

 I perused a book I have called "The Chronicles of The 20th Century" for
events of 1913. Europe was in the midst of a massive military build up.
The Balkans and Turkey were at war. In November 1913 the Russian
Imperial Council banned the Polish language in municipal councils in
Russian Poland. Sounds like there was plenty tension. Does anyone know
if any German language newspapers from that era have been digitized like
the NY or London Times? A search of them would certainly reveal any
discrimination against Germans in the Russian Empire.

                                 Mike