[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Deportations

Delores Stevens deloresstevens at sasktel.net
Fri Jul 9 10:41:22 PDT 2004

I have been following  this topic with interest and see that it only refers
to the deportations that took place prior to the first world war.  Were
there things taking place that would have indicated conflict prior to that.
My great grandmother came to Canada in 1896, but when talking with one of
her grandchildren she always made reference to the "dirty bolshevics".  That
is not in reference to anyone's nationality or to offend anyone.  I just
wonder what would  be taking place in Volhynia in that time frame that would
cause her to have such an opinion.

Delores