[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Deportations

pillango at nwonline.net pillango at nwonline.net
Mon Jul 12 05:15:28 PDT 2004

My mother-in-law was born in Volhynia in 1882 after the family moved from
Pommern.
In 1888 the family emmigrated to America.  I
asked her once why the family moved and she said it was leave or be killed.
She never said why they would be killed or who would kill them.   It has
always been
a mystery because I never found a pogram going on in that area at that time.
They were not deported, they left on their own so they could come to
America.       Pilla