[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Sending money overseas

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Jul 12 14:31:15 PDT 2004

This may work for private situations but a word of caution when dealing
with the Archives.

They apparently will ONLY accept payment through their bank based on the
terms they stipulate by way of money transfer.  Other methods will only
delay the process as they return it to you for resubmittal, etc.

At 02:00 PM 12/07/2004 -0700, Evelyn EVK Palmer wrote:
>There have been several queries as to how to send money in payment for
>documents or services from Europe. I came across an article from a Travel Club
>we belong to where these people sent money to the Czech republic and also
>elsewhere. What they did was get a gift "debit card" from a bank--in their
>case the Bank of America or AAA, send the card by snail mail to the recipient.
>Once the card is received, they let you know and you then e-mail the "pin
>number" to them. They then go to an ATM machine and get the money in their
>currency.
>It seems that many parents of college students send money
>to their children in this way as well.
>They also used this method when renting a place in Spain. The deposit was sent
>in this manner and then more money was added when it was time for the final
>payment.
>It means instant cash without waiting for a check to clear the bank.
>Just another idea,
>Evelyn

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca