[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Sending money to Poland

LMPauling lmpauling at utech.net
Mon Jul 12 16:20:57 PDT 2004

This has been suggested on the list before. Yes, Pekao Bank does money
transfers to Poland. Their Los Angeles office closed in April, but you can
use their head office in Chicago.
Pekao Trading Corporation
5395 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL 60630
Tel. (866) 234-8787

You can call or write them and ask for the form or perhaps they can actually
do it over the phone. The cost to transfer up to $100 to Bank Polski SA or
Bank Pekao SA is $10. Cost to accounts at other Polish banks for up to $100
is $15.

Linda Pauling

> I tried to get my USA bank to make a wire transfer and they said it would
> cost more to make the transfer than the money being transferred.
>
> The trick seems to be in finding a bank that does money transfers to
Europe
> (Poland in particular) all the time.  Pekao Bank seems to be such a bank.
>
> Gary Warner

> >From: "Lorne Bohn"
> >
> > > Dear members of the list,

> > > received in Polish from "Archiwum Panstwowe w Olstztynie".  Has anyone
had
> >any
> > > experience with sending a bank money order to Poland to receive
> >information on
> > > research material from this archive?  I would like to know what is the
> >best
> > > method to go about doing this?
> > >
> > > I believe I need to send the equivalent of $32.85 U.S. funds to:
> > >
> > > Konto Archiwum Pantswowe w Olsztynie:
> > > Kredyt Bank PBI S.A. OII/Olstyn PL 82 1500 1562 1215 6000 8845
KRDBPLPW