[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: transliteration

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Wed Jul 14 10:21:20 PDT 2004

Jerry Frank schrieb:

> If there are any volunteers who would be willing to do a
> transliteration to Roman script, it would probably help us.  There are
> about 8 pages with 4 columns on each page -about 1086 line items.

Jerry,
though I would like to volunteer, here is still another problem:
There are many different spellings and names of most of the villages -
Ukrainian and Russian (which frequently is double-different - in
pronunciation and script), transliterated Ukrainian and Russian, Polish
and in many cases even German. It would be most useful to create a list
of them though it of course couldn't cover all available spellings.
Moreover, many villages have been renamed in the Soviet period and again
after 1990.

Guenther
of Hilden, Germany