[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Taron (Tarruhn/Tarrun)

Karl Krueger dabookk54 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 10:06:52 PDT 2004

Last fall someone had emailed me inquiring if I might be related to some Kruegers in their ancestry coming from Volhynia. I believe this contact came from this listserve. While Krueger is too common a name to find connections I seem to remember this contact also being associated with the name Taron.

On my maternal side my g-g-grandmother was a Taron. In the last couple of months I have started researching this name and found out it is very rare, even by French standards and particularly by German standards. I just did an indepth scan of all Tarons in EWZ and realized they all can be traced back to the first three families of Tarons that settled in Michelsdorf, Province Lublin by the 1830s.

I am hoping to make contact again with whoever emailed me last year. It is most likely we are distantly related through the Taron connection and since I am one of very few people at present to have studied a fair number of Lublin parish records, I could probably provide you with more data on this interesting family.
Karl Krueger