[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of village - Marawil/Marowil/Marowin

LeoAnn annaleo at nanaimo.ark.com
Fri Jul 16 17:53:27 PDT 2004

I would like assistance in locating the village of
Marawil/Marowil/Marowin.  The EWZ Stammblatt forms completed for
members of my family who lived in Kurasch, Volynhia just north of
Ostrog on the Polish side of the Polish/Russian border at the outbreak
of WW II show that my maternal grandfather was born in Marawil in 1856
and my paternal grandmother was born in Marowil in 1873.  Other family
members' Stammblatt forms show Marowin as the birthplace of my
grandparents.  Their nationality is recorded as Polish.  Unfortunately
the Polish name of the village is not shown nor is the administrative
area.

I would like to know the location as well as the Lutheran parish it was
in.

L. Sonnenberg