[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lowicz records

bfand bfand at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jul 17 09:50:18 PDT 2004

>From what I was told , some of the Lowicz records were removed from
the church and were in someones private possesion, I believe in Poland.
I was told that someone once arranged a meeting, travelled to Poland and
made copies of those records. Kurt Weise in Badsoden, Germany was working
on extracting those records and was supposed to either be publishing them or
somehow making them available to the public. He also had access to pre 1800
Ozorkow records that have not been filmed. This was several years ago and
perhaps
the project has been completed. I think Ewald Wuschke had contacts with the
people working
on this project.  I know for certain the records exist because someone once
sent me some extracts
from both the early Lowicz and Ozorkow Lutheran churches.

Bob