[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] WILHELM MUELLER from TULOWICE

Michael & Maureen McHenry maurmike at bellatlantic.net
Sat Jul 17 10:50:30 PDT 2004

Hello All

I need some help. Following the advice of the list and Jerry I explored
the birth records of ILOW, WYSOGRAD and SECYMIN parishes around 1880
trying to find my grand fathers birth record. All of these records are
in Russian cursive. Although there is a bit of German and Polish here
and there- I think. I went to the local FHC with Russian dictionary in
hand and thanks to Guenther his name written in cursive Cyrillic. I did
find 2 Mueller's, Daniel and Peter, in SECYMIN in the early 1880's. I
don't know whether these were births, marriages or deaths. The
dictionary was of little help. In any event the FHC records for SECYMIN
have a gap for that time period 1877 through 1880. This is unfortunate
since he was definitely born in 1880. I have 8 records that attest to
that. His death certificate is very specific April 28, 1880. This was
reported by his oldest child. This is what I have on him

Born April 28, 1880
Lutheran Faith
Immigrated from TULOWICE
Immigrated to Bristol, CT USA
Fathers name Johann
Mothers name Marianne ROOK possibly Americanized from RUKKE OR RUCH as
suggested by list members.
Married AUGUSTE MANZEI January 1, 1903
Baptismal sponsor for second child was JULIUS DERKES who came from
nearby Zdziarka (immigrated 1903) child apparently named after Julius's
wife

Does anyone have suggestions on going forward? Is writing to the Polish
archives a next step? Admittedly I could have missed him in one of the
parish records as they were nearly  impossible for me to read. Should I
find some one familiar with Russian to go through them for me? How
probable is it that although he immigrated from TULOWICE he was born
other then these 3 parishes? Many thanks again for any help.

                                 Mike