[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Kreisberg, Prussia

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 25 20:20:11 PDT 2004

At 07:30 PM 25/06/2004 -0400, Roger & Mildred Kroshinsky wrote:
>Greetings all,   Can anyone give me some guidance  in finding where in
>present day maps would I find the village, city, area, or whatever, of the
>name Kreisberg, Prussia, which I found my G-G-grandparents around 1824??
>Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.   R. Kroshinsky

Good probability that it is Kreuzburg / Kreytsburg in modern Russia,
formerly East Prussia.  You can use
http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/loctown.htm to find it at N54/30
E20/27.  Today it is known as Slavskoye.

Note that it is possible there is another similarly spelled location in
other parts of former Prussia which is not identified by ShtetlSeeker.  You
would need to use http://www.kartenmeister.com to find it but that site is
currently down for repair.  Check back to it in a couple of weeks just to
make sure that I am not leading you astray.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca