GLOWAC LAPKOWSKI was: [Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Labour CampDeath Records

Jan Textor textor at oncable.dk
Mon Jun 28 23:40:18 PDT 2004

Janice,

I think Glowac is derived from the Polish name Gl~owacki.  Gl~owacki is a
well-known Polonization of the German name Kopp and Koeppe (from Kopf=head).
The German "Haupt" also means head, as does the Polish "Gl~owa".  Therefore,
Haupt could also have been Polonized into Gl~owacki.

Jan Textor, Denmark