[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ostrowschist

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 22 06:26:14 PST 2004

My initial reaction was to suggest this is probably Ostrowtschisna
(Ostroszyn) which is located about 15 km almost straight west of Rozyszce.

However, I cannot confirm if this was in Ujesd Wladimir Wolynsk - in fact I
think that it would be too far east for that.  It appears that it was NOT
in Wladimir Wolynsk parish.  Your certificate should indicate the
parish.  Can you advise that?

If there is any question about the place name spelling, I would be happy to
look at a scan which you can send to me via private email to see if there
is another possibility.

At 12:17 PM 21/03/2004 -0800, J&A Smith wrote:
>Help with Ostrowtschist, Ujesd Wladimir Wolynsk this is a place on copy
>of  a birth certificate document date 13.01. 1910
>Father Lengert and mother Adeline Schmidt.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca