[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Romansdorf

William Remus remus at cba.hawaii.edu
Mon Mar 29 11:55:31 PST 2004

> I have searched for my Geike grandfather and his parents records  using St.
> Pete films. My grandmother was born in Rommansdorf, Grandpa in Zhitomir. Could
> my lake of success be because they were Catholic ? Were there  ever Catholics
> families mixed in with those   living in the above mentioned settlements so
> this is why I can not find them listed in the St. Pete records .

As Jerry noted, the records for Romansdorf are in the St Pete
microfilms but not yet extracted and listed on the ODESSA
website. However, I have extracted most of the Romansdorf records
from 1855 to 1885 and put them on my website. They are Lutheran
records. Go to

www.cba.hawaii.edu/remus/genes

and click on Romansdorf.

By the way, what was your grandmother's name and when was she
born in Romansdorf?

Regards Bill Remus