[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Where is the village of Zerichef?

William Remus remus at cba.hawaii.edu
Wed Mar 31 16:05:18 PST 2004

I am looking for the location of the village of Zerichief
where Emil Henschel was born in 1870. It could be near
Rovno or Berestovitz where the Henschel family
eventually lived prior to going to AB. On the other hand, it
might be in Poland and they had not yet moved to
Volhynia.

The usually all encompassing Kartenmeister could not
find it - perhaps Zerichief is a phonetic spelling. And I
could not find a similiar name when looking around in the
St Pete files. Jewish Shettle Seeker had a suggestion
for a village near the modern Polish-Ukrainian border.
But that location is not compelling.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards Bill Remus